Below you’ll find precise instructions for each step. But first make sure all surfaces are properly clean and prepared.
- Thoroughly mix part A &B together in a large tub.
- Add 25 kgs of sand then mix to an even consistency.
- Using one of the empty resin tubs, add two tubs of water.
- Mix until a porridge like consistency is achieved.
- Wet the area to be pointed starting at the highest level
- Empty half the contents of the tub onto surface then immediately brush the mortar mix across the whole area, including edges .
- Brush across joints until full.
- After approximately 10 minutes do final sweep to remove any surplus sand.
- Keep off until fully dry
- Resiply should be applied with a minimum pointing depth of approx. 10mm.
- Drying times vary according to temperature summer approx. 3-4 hours / winter 4 – 8 hours plus
- Tools for the job – Brushes: Stiff and then soft. Mechanical mixer or mix in bucket trowel or jointer optional.
- Protective clothing is essential ie. Oil proof gloves, safety glasses, coveralls, boots etc.
- Care should be taken when applying resin mortar not to transfer resin on feet or gloves etc.
- Clean all tools with soapy water.