Terrix Spray Render
A premium polymer-silicate thin coat render for spray application that is flame retardant, has very high resistance to the elements, won’t crack or flake, very resistant to algae/staining and is more suitable for winter applications than acrylic or silicone renders due to its partly chemical bonding properties.
Terrix®Render is based on innovative Swiss, patented technology converting potassium water glass into a polymer. Polymer-silicate render offers all advantages of well know silicate renders without limitations related to the application process (silicate renders are very often used for renovation of historical/listed buildings due to its longevity). Due to its mineral characteristic and lack of surface electrostatics, the product is the most dirt resistant type of the render on the market and will never delaminate as it is adhered to a substrate by a chemical reaction.
Another important property of the render is its built-in high resistance to microbial contamination (eg. algae) as well as efflorescence. Terrix® RD-PS-S 1.5 is recommended for use in coastal areas where exposure for elements is high.
Benefits to the customer:
- No flaking or cracking as Terrix® RD-PS-S paints bond to the substrate by chemical reaction, Acrylic and silicone renders create a film on top of a substrate which can lead to peeling or cracking.
- High resistance to elements - the render is fully suitable for costal application.
- Very high resistance to dirt, not achievable by any organic based renders on the market (all acrylics and silicone even with self-clean effect) it is due to its mineral formulation therefore lack of surface electrostatics. The dust wont’t be attracted to the render.
- Flame retardancy due to the lack of organic components in the render and pigments used for colouring. In contrast to most renders on the market and all, Terrix® RD-PS-S provides protection against the spread of flame. Mineral characteristic of the product makes it fully incombustible.
- Very high resistance to yellowing - Built in UV blockers to maintain original look of render.
- Natural algae resistance - Increased Ph level (high alkalinity) delivers natural and long lasting protection. Other products on the market are protected by addition of biocides which have limited lifespan (5-6 years).
- Very low water absorption. The product is more resistant for winter when water freezes and by expanding causes system failures.
- Spot repairs - the product can be easily spot repaired without leaving any visible patches which is usually impossible to achieve with hand applied renders on the market.
- Low maintenance cost - due to render prosperities and application method the cost of maintenance is usually many times lower vs other products.
Benefits to the applicator:
- Spray application - up to 5 times faster than traditional application.
- Decreased wash-off risk - due to the partly chemical curing process. Acrylic and silicon renders drying by evaporation only. During winter time that process may be very long and lead to wash offs even after few weeks after application.
- Easy spot repairs - effortless snagging and seamless spot repairs - the product consistency and formulation allows for simple snagging/spot repairs without the need to redo the entire wall.
- Can be applied on not fully dry substrates - due to the polymer-silicate properties of the product, it is fully vapour permeable and therefore the render can be used for difficult applications like old damp buildings or new builds where walls and renders are still wet and use of silicone or acrylic renders would not be possible.
Register interest here